Pages

Thursday 24 April 2014

Mac Lipstick Collection♡



Hi beauty's! Don't know about you but I feel that no makeup look is fully complete without a good lippy! Mac being one of my favourite brands and slowly becoming an obsession of mine. The colour pay off and formula of the product inside these beautiful black bullets is amazing!!! In my opinion every makeup lover needs to own at least one just to apprichiate how perfect they are! They retail at £15 and are worth every penny! I am now hooked to the point where I struggle to go into the store and leave empty handed! My collection is quickly growing over time and as a lipstick lover myself I'm always looking at posts like this to look at swatches and help me get a better idea what shades to buy. So I thought that I would share with you what I have so far and tell you a bit about each one.

From left: CremeCup, Creme'd'Nude, Viva Glam Nicki, Pink Nouveau, Girl about town, Show Orchid, Impassioned, Chatterbox, Coral bliss, Rebel.
 
Let's start with my all time favourite...

Creme Cup | Finish - Cremesheen
Colour - Neutral soft baby pink


Well.. You can definatly see this little baby has been my favourite judging by the tiny amount left in the tube! The colour is so versatile and easily complements any skin tone! This shade even got my mum hooked!!! The neutral baby pink looks beautiful on the lips, Doesn't wash you out and the creamy formula!!! Uhhhh♡♡♡ Cremesheen is by far my favourite formula of them all, it almost feels as though it's moisturising your lips as you wear it. This shade will always have a little place in my heart.

Creme'd'Nude | Finish - Cremesheen
Colour - Neutral pale beige


Being a Cremesheen Creme'd'Nude also feels super moisturising on the lips. It's a gorgeous subtle nude colour with pale beige undertones. I was recommended this shade by a lady that works in the mac store, originally I went in to purchase Mac 'Myth' she explained to me because I'm quite tanned, being one of the palest matte nudes it make me look a little 'dead' which is not a good look! She then suggested Creme'd'Nude to me, instantly when I tried it I knew that I loved it!!! Lush colour to rock a nude lip without washing yourself out.

Viva Glam Nicki | Finish - Satin
Colour - Coral Pink, Peach undertones.
(Limited Edition)


This colour is so sooo pretty! Perfect for spring/summer! Fab buy as the whole entire selling price of this lipstick went towards Mac HIV/Aids fund to raise awareness. The colour is a rather vibrant Coral pink with peach/yellow undertones. It's a satin finish which is kind of a mixture between a matte and a Cremesheen with no gloss or shimmer, it applies evenly and wears for hours.

Pink Nouveau | Finish - Satin
Colour - Pretty pink (blue undertones).


Mac describes this colour as a 'bright pink' I'd say it's more of a mid tone pink with its slight blue undertones, it's a bold colour that draws the right amount of attention to the lips. Can be pulled off by both darker and lighter skin tones. This has been my go to shade this spring as it's wearable even on a rainy day! And in wales we get plenty of those! Very pigmented and doesn't dry out the lips.

Girl About Town | Finish - Amplified
Colour - Bright Fuchisia
(Blue undertones)


Bright and beautiful Fuchisia pink with slight blue undertone, deep vibrant colour, applies so smooth! With up to 4-6 hours colour pay off! As this shade is an amplified finish it can get pretty drying to the lips so I would recommend pairing with a gloss or applying a moisturising lip butter before application.

Show Orchid | Finish - Amplified 
Colour - Vibrant Fuchisia pink with an iridescent purple sheen.


Definatly an eye catching shade! This colour has summer written all over it! Extremely pigmented and applies beautifully. This lipstick literally feels as though it lasts forever on my lips, even after it's faded out it leaves behind a pretty pink stain. Has a slight glossy shimmer finish. Again being an amplified finish it may dry the lips a tad so pair with maybe a gloss or prep with a moisturising lip butter.

Impassioned | Finish - Amplified
Colour - Bright (almost neon) Red/Pink with Coral undertones.


Perfect mixture of Red and Pink tones with a slight hint of coral, this lippy also screams out summer! it's vibrant, opaque colour glides gorgeously on to the lips, almost feels creamy to apply. This colour also leaves a slight stain on the lips, wears for hours! Even still visible after eating! Again being amplified I would recomend a lip butter or top with gloss.

Chatterbox | Finish - Amplified 
Colour - Bright cool toned pink.


This baby is one of my most recent purchases, this pretty pink shade is also perfect for summer! It's quite a neutral but vibrant colour comparing it to the other amplified colours I have, feels so creamy to apply also feels less drying than the other more vibrant amplified shades.

Coral Bliss | Finish - Cremesheen
Colour - Neutral Coral peach with pink and yellow undertones.


Coral has been my obsession this spring/summer so needless to say a peachy coral lippy had to be purchased! Been searching high and low for what I would class as the perfect coral lip for a while and finally I think I may have found just that! I was recommended 'Coral Bliss' by mac And I instantly fell in love with it! Being a Cremesheen it feels almost moisturising to wear and glides over the lips like a charm! Being that it's not as long wearing as some of the other finishes but still lasts around 3 hours with a very glossy finish.

Rebel | Finish - Satin
Colour - Deep Berry/Plum toned Red


Amazing statement lipstick! Looks Can be deceiving with this one! It looks a little scary and dark in the tube, but when applied oh my goodness it's gorge! It's the perfect mixture of Red/Plum with pink/purple undertones, perfect fall colour! Super pigmented, stains the lips for a good 4-6 hours. Being a satin finish it's not drying to the lips either, Bonus! 

What's your favourite Mac lipstick?
Any recommendations? I'd love to know so feel free to leave a comment♡

Happy Thursday! 
          xxx



















 




No comments :

Post a Comment