Pages

Sunday 4 May 2014

My Coloured Contact Lenses..


Hi honeys! Incase you have already noticed my eye colour changing from picture to picture, I thought I'd clear it up for y'all:) I have been using coloured contact lenses for around 3 years now and I love how different they can make me look, enhancing different colours in my makeup and as silly as it sounds they sometimes even complement my outfit! 
As you can see in the above pic my natural eye colour is Brown. Let's just stress I have nothing against Brown eyes I love my own! Just like to change it up a little every now and again.

The lenses I use are called FreshLook Colourblends they come in a box like this..



   I order mine from www.lenstore.co.uk 

They have a range of different colours available, mine are in the colour Sterling Gray which is a natural gray/blue colour.
Contact lenses can be used to help with sight or simply for cosmetic reasons, the ones I use are for cosmetic perpouses only. Though I think the same are available to help with sight too. 

Note: Before buying any type of contact lenses make sure to go to an eye professional/ eye doctor and get your eyes measured properly along with a sight test. This is very important as it will ensure that your lenses fit you comfortably and prevent causing damage to your eyes. Some company's claim 'one size fits all' let me just stress there is no such thing! I have been fooled and tried many of these kind of 'one size fits all' lenses and oh my goodness ouch!!! Not to mention most of them the colour being so un natural and obvious. Everyone's eyes are different. If lenses cause discomfort to your eyes the likely chance is they are damaging them. The ones I use are monthly disposables, this means I can wear them for a whole month taking them out before bed and then dispose if them when I'm done. 
No prescription is needed.

Are contact lenses safe?
Yes, if cared for as recommended by a professional! 

The most common cause of infection is poor storing or poor cleaning of contact lenses so be sure to store them in a specified container and make sure to clean it out every day adding new clean liquid. I get both my solution and storage containers from specsavers the solution I use is called 'easy vision all purpose preservative free solution' the 250ml bottle normally lasts me the whole month and the little storage container comes free. Though there probably are cheaper options available on ebay.

How to apply and remove contact lenses: Be careful if you have long nails like me! Don't want any eyes out!!! The picture below shows how the contact lense should and shouldn't look before applying.. When it looks like the one on the left, look up slightly, place the lense onto your eye then wiggle it a little until you hear a sort of suction noise. When the lense is in place look around for a moment and blink a few times to make sure the lense is sitting comfortably. It takes a bit of getting used to but becomes second nature after a while. To remove the lense slightly pinch and drag downwards.

 
If before applying your lense it looks like the 'wrong' picture on the right. Turn your lense over it's the wrong way! and you would most definatly know about it if you applied it to your eye! by leaning to the one side it's trying to flip itself over to reposition to the correct position.

Contact lenses are NOT recommended..
* for children under the age of 9
* Anyone with eye allergies.
* diabetics (prone to infection) 
* anyone exposed to chemical fumes or dust on a regular basis.

A little disclaimer:)..
What may work perfectly for me may not work for you the exact same. Everyone is different. Just be sure to get your eyes correctly measured! 

Hope you all had a lovely bank holiday! 
xxx

7 comments :

  1. Buying lenses online seems to be a popular thing (and cheaper) to do now. If you buy contact lenses online, or have considered doing so in the past, you’re not alone – some 50 per cent of contact lens wearers are the same, according www.lenscompare.co.uk. This suggests that the eyecare industry needs to improve efforts to ensure that customers are better educated about contact lenses – both in terms of the advantages they offer and the correct ways to use them safely. Coloured lenses probably appeal to the younger customer so care really needs to be taken if buying online. Otherwise they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was optimistic about buying online at first, Main reason i did is these are the exact brand that are available to buy from specsavers so i was pretty confident when purchasing. i love coloured lenses and am always careful when it comes too my eyes. thank you:)

      x

      Delete
  2. You’re absolutely right getting some inputs from an eye professional before buying some eyewear that’s as intrusive as contact lenses. Anyway, your eyes definitely look captivating with those lenses on. Thanks for sharing your tricks!

    Bryan Strickland @ Optical Ware House

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog! Thanks for sharing such a nice and wonderful information. Colour contact lenses can make a big difference in face of a person. And the tricks you are sharing here are really wonderful. I really appreciate your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) glad it was helpful, i completely agree! they change my look completely i love wearing them!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing your valuable information. It is very useful for us, Visit us: cheap designer glasses frames online

    ReplyDelete