Pages

Thursday 28 August 2014

TOPSHOP Lipsticks | A/W


As per usual Wales has had plenty more delightful rain than sun this August and it's making me more and more impatient for Autumn/Winter to come around! i just hate this in between stage where its super cold yet still summer, so frustrating! i'm ready so rock a darker lip and get all cozy now!

I've had my eye on Topshop makeup for a while, I've been seeing a ton of great reviews and swatches and been dying to get my hands on the lippy's! they don't seem to sell much of the makeup range in the store nearest me, So during a recent shopping trip into Cardiff I thought I'd have a little look through see what the fuss was all about..There is also a 2 for £12 offer on lipsticks at the minute! So they turned out to be an absolute bargin! i spent a ridiculous amount of time swatching most of the pretty colours and finally decided on the shades 'Red Lippy' and 'Drive'.



Red Lippy

'Red Lippy' is well.. pretty much what the name says, it's a gorgeous red shade with no undertones of any other colour.. just your basic red! I love a red lip especially in the winter time and coming up to Christmas so I'm sure this shade will be getting plenty of use. 

Drive

'Drive' Caught my eye instantly before I had even swatched the rest of them.. It's a deep plum purple shade with a metalic finish.. i'm not normally too fond of a metalic finish but as you can see from the swatches its very subtle. Again sooo pretty! This may i add is my first purple lipstick so i'm definately looking forward to rocking this through A/W.

Here is a swatch of the two..


I was actually shocked at the amazing quality and pigmentation of these lippy's for only £8.. they apply effortlessly and are sooo creamy! I think I possibly may have started another collective addiction!
uh-oh!

Have you tried any Topshop lipsticks?
Which shades are your fave?




14 comments :

  1. Love both the shades, Drive looks so gorgeous! I love Topshop lipsticks!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beauts aren't they! it really is lovely!! These are my first and definitely wont be my last:)

      Delete
  2. These are gorgeous, I especially love the look of the purple one! I do love a purple lip :) If you don't mind me asking, where in South Wales are you from? I live there too haha

    Louise / www.asseenonlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The purple one is my fave! though i do love both! i've actually never been brave enough to wear a purple lip before so i'm excited to wear this one! course i don't:) I'm from Cwmbran babe you?

      Delete
    2. Same haha, well I've worn a darker, more plum colour before but never anything full on purple! I may have to give it a proper go though as I love how purple lips look and this colour really does look lovely! I'm from Bridgend so very near Cardiff too :)

      Delete
    3. yeah i'm the exact same, they're getting purpler:) haha! definitely getting more daring! Awww are you fab! not to far from me then! i'm forever in Cardiff!

      Delete
  3. Drive looks gorgeous, I need to get my hands on it. I agree Topshop lipsticks are amazing quality and so affordable! x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soooo pretty! you definitely do its gorg! i know i was so shocked! will be getting lots more for this price!

      Delete
  4. These colours are so beautiful, need to get my hands on them x

    Jordan | Keep Dreaming ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aren't they! you really do, 2 for £12 is an absolute steal!

      Delete
  5. I recently just bought some topshop makeup products and one was the colour 'the damned' which is a lovely purple shade, really impressed with their lipsticks!:)

    hollieclairexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'the damned' is gorgeous too! have to add that to my list! i'm impressed too.. the quality is amaaazing!:)

      Delete
  6. I soo need to try that Drive colour!!
    Chloe xxx

    http://thatbeautyblonde.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete